Important Message from Our Rector
March 23, 2020
At the Cathedral, our primary mission is to bring Christ to others in word and Sacrament. We cannot do this without your support, sacrifice and service.
I recognize that COVID-19 has disrupted lives, created uncertainty in our economic markets and increased exponentially the worry felt by and for everyone. The Cathedral is not immune, as we have seen with the recent Church closures.
Uppermost in my mind is the health and well-being of our parishioners, spiritually and personally. Just as important, is the financial security of STM. It would be impossible to serve you, and those beyond Cathedral Lane, without a sustained Offertory. Many have asked how they can maintain their support the Cathedral while public Masses are suspended. For those that are able, I ask you to continue your commitment to our Cathedral parish.
If you are currently enrolled with Faith Direct, your offertory will occur automatically. If not, you can:
- Mail your offertory gift to 3901 Cathedral Lane, Arlington VA 22203
- Drop your donation at our satellite office:80 Glebe Road, the small building with the blue roof next to Dunkin Donuts
- Enroll in Faith Direct which ensures continuity in giving: www.faithdirect.net
Our Parish Number is VA326
- TEXT-TO-GIVE to 703-382-5722. This will take you to Faith Direct where you can make one-time or recurring donations
- Place your donation in the mail slot of the Rectory front door, if the satellite office is closed.
I have been and will continue to be grateful for your financial sacrifices. You give witness every day that our parishioners are “God’s Servants first.” It is with humility that I come to you with this request; but also with a firm belief in the grace and protection of Our Father. We will come through this — together. May God bless you and keep you safe. Know of my prayers for you; I ask you to remember our Bishop, my brother priests and me in yours.