Phase 2 – COVID Update
June 11, 2020
My dear friends,
As of tomorrow, we will enter Phase 2 of the reopening, which entails loosening restrictions on inside dining and numbers allowed in a gym. Additionally, there may be organized gatherings of up to 50 persons. For us, there is no change regarding Mass attendance.
I want to thank you for your patience, especially as we returned to the public celebration of the Mass. I am grateful for the consideration shown to each other. It is not a perfect return to the Eucharistic table, but it is a start. As a reminder,
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the Cathedral.
- Building capacity remains at 350 persons, allowing for proper social distancing. Greeters will monitor capacity. Only the front and ADA entrances will be opened.
- Adjusted Sunday Mass Times: 5:30pm Vigil, 7:00am Quiet Mass (for those who wish to limit additional exposure, such as those with compromised immune systems or other health issues), 9:30am, 12:45pm (Spanish). We will have a recorded Mass for viewing anytime.
- On the weekends, doors will open 15 minutes prior to Mass and will close 15 minutes after to allow for thorough cleaning. On Sundays, the Cathedral will be open from 2:00-9:00pm for
private prayer. During the week, we are open from 6:00am-9:00pm with Mass at 7:00am & 12:05pm. Cleaning will occur throughout the day; the Cathedral will not close.
- All Mass attendees over the age of 10 must wear their own mask or bandana. Masks are lowered only while receiving the Eucharist; use hand sanitizer before entering the Cathedral.
- Please consider receiving the Eucharist in your hands rather than on the tongue. We understand that this is a very personal decision, and do not make this request lightly, but ask that those who receive in this manner make this temporary sacrifice for the health of the larger community.
- Burke Hall remains closed; restrooms are available behind the altar.
- Pick up paper music sheets at the entrance; please discard in trash cans after use.
- Ushers will return to using the long-handled baskets for the Offertory.
- Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals will occur as long as attendance is limited to 350 persons.
We still need your prayers and financial support. Our Stewardship initiative was a great success, but we are still down substantially in overall Offertory. Please consider enrolling in Faith Direct (www.faithdirect.net) which will enable us to maintain consistent income, be flexible and responsive to emergencies. Thank you.
We have been tested; yet, we remain united. Our faith transcends boundaries, assuages anxieties, and binds us as a family. YOU have made sacrifices; reached out, prayed for, and encouraged one another. You have blessed each other, my brother priests, and myself with your compassion and generosity. Please check our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter & Instagram) for immediate updates.
Again, know my brother priests and I continue to remember you in prayer.