Open Position – Director of Music Ministries
April 4, 2022
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC MINISTRIES
The Cathedral of Saint Thomas More is in search of a full-time Director of Music Ministries to lead its music ministry program in support of the spiritual life of the growing Cathedral parish and the Diocese of Arlington. The Director’s primary responsibilities include preparing and providing music for Cathedral parish liturgies and significant diocesan liturgies, preparing and directing the Cathedral and Diocesan Choirs and music ensembles, and serving as principal organist.
Position requirements include:
· Must be a fully initiated and practicing Catholic, able to participate in the full sacramental life of the Church, with a commitment to his/her faith life, and the ability to express the love of God and neighbor through music.
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the liturgy of the Catholic Church and the place of the various musical elements used with the liturgy.
· Knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the lectionary, the liturgical calendar, the Roman Missal, sacramental rites, as well as other Church documents relating to sacred music and the liturgy.
· Proven skills in applied music as they pertain to organ performance and choral conducting.
· Proven leader, collaborator and organizer.
· Working knowledge of music notation software.
· Strong interpersonal as well as written and oral communication skills.
· Proven successful experience working within the Roman Catholic tradition.
· Bachelor’s degree in Music or equivalent degree and experience; Master’s degree preferred.
The Cathedral offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including a 403(b) and pension plan. Interested candidates may obtain a complete job description and submit their application, with cover letter and references, for consideration here.
Applications will be accepted through May 23, 2022.