Christmas Dinner Boxes and More in 2023
October 18, 2023
The Knights of Columbus and the Women’s Council are partnering with Christ House in Alexandria, VA to provide Christmas Dinner Boxes for those less fortunate in our community. Please consider filling a Christmas Dinner Box with the items below.
Empty boxes will be handed out at all Masses on November 11th, 12th, 18th and 19th.
Completed boxes can be returned at all Masses on November 18th, 19th, 25th and 26th and to the Rectory between November 13th and 22nd. Please note that the Rectory will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Our goal is to collect 150 boxes this year.
Presents for Christ House Residents and Homeless
Follow this link to the wish list for items for Christmas presents for the residents of Christ House, who are transitioning from homelessness, and for the homeless who will be having Christmas dinner at Christ House. Please note that all Christmas presents must be purchased by November 22nd. Please follow this link to purchase a Christmas present.
Other Ways to Give
Follow this link to Faith Direct or go to the Cathedral’s website for more information on how to give a monetary donation. Your donation will be used to purchase the above Christmas Dinner Boxes and Christmas presents. You may also send a check to the rectory payable to St. Thomas More with Christmas Dinner Boxes and More in the memo.
Thank you for your support and generosity.
Christmas Dinner Box Shopping List
Christmas Dinner Boxes
Please provide all the items listed below for a complete box:
- 1 can fully cooked premium ham (e.g. DAK, Bristol or Iberia)
- 1 -13 to 15 oz. box of mashed potatoes
- 2 – 10.5 oz. can (no glass) turkey gravy or four packets of McCormick turkey gravy (mushroom gravy may be substituted)
- 1 – 14oz. can of whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1- 20 oz. can or plastic jar (no glass) of sliced pineapple slices or sliced peaches
- 1 box hot cocoa mix (8 count or more)
- 1 – 14 oz. box Mac & Cheese
- 1 box candy canes or 1 box chocolates
- 1 box Christmas cookies like gingerbread or shortbread cookies (e.g. Royal Dansk Danish cookies)
Please make sure that all food items are unopened with expiration dates in 2024 or later and please do not pack any glass items in the boxes.