One of the most pressing issues of our time is the defense of the most innocent members of our society: children in the womb before birth. We have an active pro-life group at the Cathedral that participates in the 40 Days for Life, the March for Life, and other initiatives in order to stand up for those who do not have a voice themselves.
Any initiative in the Pro-Life Movement begins with prayer, and therefore the third Thursday of each month will be dedicated to praying for the end to abortion and a restoration of a culture of life in our country and around the globe. Please come and join us to pray for the unborn! After we ourselves have been encouraged through prayer and God’s grace, it is also important that we act in those ways that we are able, in order to restore the culture.
Our parish is now an official Gabriel Parish. We have a team of “Gabriel Angels” who will be assigned to help a woman experiencing a crisis pregnancy receive the love, care, and spiritual, material and emotional support she needs throughout her pregnancy.
- For help during pregnancy, call the Gabriel Project at 866‐444‐3553/703‐841‐3810
- Project Rachel (post abortion assistance), call 888‐456‐4673/703‐841‐2504
- Pro‐Life Rosary: 3rd Saturday of every month after the 9 AM Mass in the Cathedral
- Praying in front of Planned Parenthood: Every Friday morning 9 ‐10. 303 Maple Ave, Falls Church, VA. No sign up‐come when you can.
If you are interested in getting more involved, please contact:
- Loren Wilee at 571-408-1512, Email:email@example.com