Great News from the Cathedral of St. Thomas More
May 26, 2021
My dear sisters and brothers in Christ
Yesterday, Bishop Burbidge announced that, concurrent with Governor Northam’s recent decision concerning COVID regulations, diocesan churches will be able to remove most of the COVID restrictions effective Friday, May 28. What does that mean for us?
- Capacity restrictions as well as social distancing requirements are lifted for all events, liturgical and otherwise
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to wear masks;
- Unvaccinated persons are encouraged to do so
- The Holy Water fonts will be filled
- The Offertory procession will return as well as a modified Sign of Peace. Those who do not live in the same household may offer a contact-less sign of greeting
- Our full choir will return in September
- The dispensation for Mass remains in effect
- STM School will continue to operate as they have been during this academic year with mask-wearing, social distancing, and other remediation efforts until the close of school next month
- We will continue to livestream the 12:05pm daily Mass, as well as the 9:30am Sunday Mass
Please refer to the Mass Guideline documents below.
Thank you for your patience, understanding, kindness, and support these many months. Together we have prayed MORE and done MORE for each other to be the face of Christ during this pandemic. I am blessed to have walked this road with you.
“But I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice and no one will take your joy away from you.” John 16:22
God Bless, Father Posey