Pilgrimage to Emmitsburg with Bishop Burbidge October 7, 2023
August 24, 2023
Saturday, October 7 is the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
Join Bishop Michael F. Burbidge on a pilgrimage to the National Shrine of Saint Elizabeth Ann Seton and the National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes, Emmitsburg, MD.
The two shrines within this pilgrimage are at separate locations and require a 6-minute drive. Transportation to Emmitsburg is not provided, but some parishes are coordinating buses.
If you are interested in attending the pilgrimage, please sign up below. Depending on the number of participants, the Cathedral may arrange a bus.
National Shrine of Elizabeth Ann Seton
339 S Seton Ave, Emmitsburg, MD
- 9 a.m., Talk on Mother Seton and veneration of her relics
- 9:45 a.m., Mass with Bishop Michael F. Burbidge
- 10:30 a.m., Visit Mother Seton museum and gift shop (adjoining the Shrine) on your own
- 11:45 a.m., Travel to Mount Saint Mary’s University (transportation not provided)
- 12 p.m., Lunch on Mount Saint Mary’s campus (food may be purchased at any of the local restaurants, but visitors are encouraged to pack a bag lunch)
National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes
16330 Grotto Rd, Emmitsburg, MD
- 1:30 p.m., Procession to the Grotto cave with the Holy Rosary and Eucharistic Adoration
- 3:30 p.m., Depart
Plenary indulgence information for the pilgrimage to Emmitsburg
The faithful, who out of devotion to the Blessed Mother and Our Lord, Jesus Christ, may visit the National Shrine Grotto to gain the following indulgences:
- By individual visitors – on all feast days of Our Lady, on all Saturdays and on all Sundays.
- By members of a pilgrimage group – on any day of the year.
To gain the plenary indulgence all pilgrims are requested to:
- Fulfill the usual conditions of reconciliation, Holy Communion and prayers for the intention of the Holy Father, and
- Recite at the Grotto Cave the Hail Mary together with the invocation “O Mary, Virgin and Mother of God, pray to Jesus for me.”